Sunday, February 13, 2011

Chains locked, chains broken, and being set free

The past two days I have ridden 16 miles on my bike. The weather has been so beautiful and I have really enjoyed the exercise. Over the past 5 days I have taken my dogs on a walk. And today I finished narrowing down my Facebook friends to people who have my best interest at heart and who I really consider friends.

The past week has been one of the best weeks in months. I know I had the upset with my mom earlier this week but we got through it and I didn't fall apart and I didn't need a pill to make myself feel better during those moments.

I went to church today and I plan on going everyday that my dad goes to the9:00 service. The reading really reached me today and hit me very close to home. It shed some light on what it meant when the Bible says even saying a man is a "Fool" is sinful. Nancy explained being tied to people you have ill will towards(like being chained to them) Makes it hard to see God. It makes it hard to accept Jesus. And that makes total sense if you have something or someone unhealthy chained to you and in your heart why you wouldn't be able to walk with someone so clean, pure, and loving.

I have broken a few chains. I have made a few new ones. But in time I think those chains will be severed the older I get, the more I get to know myself and become comfortable with myself, the more I accept who I am and the people who I surround myself with.

All of which I am making strides towards. All of which I am capable of. This week is the start of some happy days and happy times to come, I just know it.

I'll keep you posted,
 The Flying Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment