Friday, February 11, 2011

Easily carried away

My last post is a great description of how someone with bipolar can get easily swept away with their emotions. I just wanted to briefly express that the day was tiring but in the end my mom and I were able to identify the "function" of our emotions. We were able to communicate how we were feeling after some tearshed and go along with the rest of the day with a positive attitude.

Because we were both worn out and today had taken a tole on us we decided to go out to eat sushi and unwind. Afterward we stopped by family video and rented a few movies. I really think communication is key on both ends if you are dealing with mental illness. Harnessing your emotions and suppressing your feelings can result it moments like what happened with my mom and me today. We had both been trying so hard to walk on egg shells around each other that today just took our feet out from under us.

I'll keep you posted,
The flying fish

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Fish! We will just keep plugging away.. I love you! I am proud of you!

    Mom ;-)

    ReplyDelete